Monday, 10 July 2017

GI Joe Redemption Day 10: The Endgame

Day 10 The Endgame

Large Vehicle - Skull Crusher w. Rip-It by Oreobuilder















From the desk of Oreobuilder:
Every year, the Club offers a large vehicle to complement the convention set, so we wanted to do the same. I tried to avoid using a vehicle that the Club has already used, so I looked at the Retaliation HISS. I think that it complements the Skull Squad forces nicely. Since it already looks quite menacing, I only made a small modification on the front by adding a couple of extra guns. After that, it was only a matter of making the color distribution similar to the Skull Raider’s and that was that.

Parts:
Retaliation HISS with added guns from POC Tiger Snake


Rip-It by Oreobuilder







From the desk of Oreobuilder:
Once I settled on turning a Retaliation HISS into the Skull Crusher, a driver was required, so Rip-It made the jump from Cobra. This was a really quick custom since I had done most of the work for a previous custom. A few years ago, I made a Major Bludd custom using most of these parts. However, I now have several Bludd customs and that one became expendable. I swapped out the lower legs, cleaned it up and added some extra details. After that, I swapped and painted a 25th HISS Driver head and poof! Skull Squad Rip-It.

Parts:
Head: 25th HISS Driver
Torso, arms, armor: Resolute Zartan
Legs: 50th Hawk



Parachute Figure by Oreobuilder 







From the desk of Oreobuilder:
For the parachute figure, we thought it would be fun to include a reference to the next chapter in our Resurgence saga. With Cobra fractured, we wanted a character that could act as a courier between Bludd’s forces and another faction that we wanted to explore in the next installment. Since there is already one infamous courier in GI Joe lore – Scar Face – we decided to bring him back. This time, he has a new employer. For the custom, I started from one of my previous Crimson Guard customs. I updated a few parts and gave him a Scar Face head and helmet.

Parts:
Head, helmet: Resolute Cobra Trooper
Torso, upper arms: Retaliation Cobra Commander
Lower arms: 25th Crimson Guard
Upper Legs: Retaliation Alley Viper
Lower legs: DG Cobra Commander












NEXT: Bonus Day with group shots and a PSA...

No comments:

Post a Comment