Friday, 3 March 2017

Retro Toy Chest Day 12 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles


''Our heroes, the fun loving Turtles, led by four highly individual and funny hard shells - Donatello, Michaelangelo, Leonardo and Raphaël. And their cohorts - Splinter the rat and the beautiful April O'Neil

Fighting the evil Foot Clan, led by Shredder, the human cheese grater! His troops - the mummified Foot Soldiers, the punk pig Bebop and miltary Rhino Rocksteady. It's definitely the weirdest cast of characters this side of New York City!''
– From 1988 packaging

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) debuted as a comic series in 1984. However, most kids fell in love with them in 1987 when the toy line and animates series were launched. TMNT has been going strong ever since.

Casey Jones by bucky











I had a couple years as a kid where I was a mega Turtle fan. I think it was 89-90. I had tons of them, and one of my favorite good guys (in the sea of figures I amassed in a short time) was Casey Jones. I think he was probably at the top of alot of kids favorites list, with the hockey mask looking so cool. I wish at the time I made the custom I had access to some sports gear in 1/18th scale, but it was not to be. I'll be looking to add to his arsenal before he enters Joecustoms.com Archive.

Parts:
Head: Thrasher/Blind Master Mask, Sculpy
Torso: Dr. Mindbender
Arms: Dr. Mindbender
Legs: Storm Shadow RoC
Weapon:MTF Bat
Vest: Spider Man figure


Triceraton by bucky 








As mentioned with Casey Jones, I had a small army of figures. My favorite bad guy out of them all, Triceraton. I loved dinosaurs as a kid, and now here you have a dinosaur action figure with guns, who's poseable, and looks like he is going to wreak some major havoc.

Making this custom was a lesson in stepping out of my comfort zone of 3 3/4 size figures, and was highly enjoyable to make. Not sure if I want to repeat the process again, but I am pleased with the result.

Parts:
Head: Schleich type static Triceratops toy, with sculpted back of head
Torso/Arms/Legs: Marvel Ulik, with sculpted scales on back
Weapon: the base/trigger parts are Neca T2 guns, with GI Joe guns built onto that
Vest/Gauntlets: Marvel Infinite Hulk
Belt: Original TMNT Figure


Collect Them All!



Next: Dusty79 and Bucky aim to "Bring it Out of the Garbage Pail and Into Your Heart!"

No comments:

Post a Comment