Friday, 4 November 2016

DTC Low-Light


After making my recent DTC Barrel Roll custom, I realized that I was only a few figures short of completing the single carded Direct-to-Consumer line-up in custom form. Prior to this, I had not even looked at this version of Lowlight for custom purposes. I figured he was too similar to the PoC/50th version to bother. When I looked again, I noticed the different colored vest, the map on the leg and other differences that, put all together, made me reconsider. I dove in and ended up with a figure that I really like. Also, I’m now one step closer to having a complete DTC collection in ME form.

Head: 50th Lowlight
Torso, arms: PoC Cobra Trooper
Legs: Retaliation Ultimate Firefly
Vest: Retaliation Crimson Guard
Rifle, goggles: DTC Low Light





6 comments:

  1. My very first Low-Light figure. You did a great job translating him to Modern Era construction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He was my first version of Low-Light as well. I bought the vintage version of eBay a year later.

      OB

      Delete
    2. If I had to suggest an alternative vest to use, the original DTC Low-Light used the one that came with both versions of Valor Vs. Venom Gung-Ho. The 'action-attack' version had it first, and since no one really likes those figures, you can just take it off of that figure, paint the right shoulder red, and presto.

      Delete
    3. That's a good idea. I know that I have one of those vests in my stuff somewhere. When I made this custom, I looked for it high and low, but didn't find it. Knowing that it also comes with some less popular figures, I'll keep an eye open for a cheap Gung-Ho.

      OB

      Delete
  2. One of my all time favorite Joes as a child. I love your take on him its just magnificent. The former Army Sniper in me is very pleased

    ReplyDelete