Friday, 8 July 2016

GI Joe Resurgence 3 - Ocean Abyss WHALE mk II with Cutter and Barracuda

WHALE mk II by bucky
"It’s the Joes preferred sea vehicle for fast attack on COBRA outposts! The high-speed twin fan engines jet Joes into action on the sea and on land. Deploy the hidden missile rack. Includes driver CUTTER! Other figures sold separately."

Packaging by Sam Panico






When I made the Devil S.H.A.R.C. for Resurgence 2, I accidentaly dropped my first go around (before paint) on the tiled floor in my basement and cracked it. Needless to say, I was pretty peeved. I was fortunate enough to round up two more, which I scooped up as it's really an awesome looking little boat, and one of the cooler things I've seen come out from Lanard in a while.

I had the extra sitting around with the idea to paint it green. I didn't really have any intention making it for Resurgence 3 until farther along in the project. I decided it would best fit there as I don't forsee myself getting around to it anytime other than that.

The Cutter figure was an easy build that required a small amount of sculpting with the mustache, but a fairly basic build inspired by the DEF version, only with different colors.

Filecard by Sam Panico




Parts:
Head: 50th Dusty
Torso: 50th Dusty
Arms: 50th Dusty
Legs: 50th Dusty
Web gear: Low Light
Weapon:


Barracuda by Oreobuilder

Packaging by Sam Panico




Barracuda was ready for Resurgence 2 in 2015 but was left out because we could find a spot for him. Since part of the story for Resurgence 3 takes place in a sea environment, introducing Barracuda was a no-brainer. This figure was basically created to experiment with a few parts. First, I liked the Zombie Viper helmet and wondered if it would make a cool dive helmet. Second, I wanted to see if Snake Eyes legs could be used effectively for a short wetsuit. Overall, I’m pretty satisfied with the results.

Filecard by Sam Panico





Parts:
Head: VvV Leatherneck
Helmet: Zombie Viper
Torso, upper arms: 25th Eel
Lower arms: RoC Storm Shadow
Hands: Retaliation Cobra Commander
Legs: 25th Snake Eyes (DVD pack)


Next: Kraken from bucky and Sea Slug from Oreobuilder



2 comments:

  1. Surprised Cutter didn't get the new True Heroes Hovercraft, but I guess everyone and their brother's done WHALEs of that already....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was one reason we didn't do that. It was a bit expected :)

      OB

      Delete