Wednesday, 13 July 2016

GI Joe Resurgence 3 - Forest Ambush Heli-Viper and Mission Set


Heli-Viper by Oreobuilder

Packaging by Sam Panico




Heli-Viper was originally made to fit into the Mission Brazil Cobra Team. I finished him pretty quickly even before we had finalized the roster. When we settled on the other team members, Heli-Viper did not fit anymore. He was a lone troop builder in a group of named characters. For that reason, I removed him and decided to include him in the main project instead.

I stuck pretty close to the recipe I used for my original Heli-Vipers a few years ago. Color-wise, he is inspired by the Club’s Operation Flaming MOTH as well as the 2002 Viper.

Filecard by Sam Panico



Parts:
Head: 25th Snow Serpent
Torso, arms: 25th Deep Six
Legs: PoC Alley Viper
Copter: Retaliation Ultimate Cobra Commander


Cobra Radar Station by Oreobuilder
"COBRA detects GI JOE airborne forces at the RADAR STATION! The radar dish swivels and elevates to find Joe! Includes 2 COBRA VIPERS!"

Packaging by Sam Panico






I picked up the Hoth turret at a toy con thinking that it could make a cool Sonic Fighters weapon. However, when I came up with the idea for the Mission Sets, I knew it was a perfect size and theme for these (and I can still display it with my Sonic Fighters if I want). I tried to tweak it a bit to make it less recognizable. Changing the color to Cobra blue helps.

For the Vipers, I used this recipe, in classic colors, for the first Resurgence Project in 2014. Since then, I have wanted to make more in different colors. Also, I have had a "green Viper"on my customs to do list since the Spytroops green Viper was one of my favorites from that line. This project gave me the opportunity to combine all these wishes.

Filecard by Sam Panico



Parts:
Head, backpack, rifle: 25th Viper
Torso, arms: Renegades Cobra Trooper
Legs: 30th Spirit


Next: Stink Bug from bucky and Patch from Oreobuilder


No comments:

Post a Comment