Saturday, 18 June 2016

Resurgence Prologue Day 2: Mission Brazil - Iron Grenadiers

Prologue Day 2: Mission Brazil - Iron Grenadiers

"DESTRO’s forces are on the move! DARKLON and his detachment of IRON GRENADIERS attack Cobra’s temple hidden deep inside the rainforest to steal secret data files and discover COBRA COMMANDER’s ultimate plan!"






















Darklon by Oreobuilder
At first, the Iron Grenadiers squad was only to be four Troopers. When we realized that our story worked better with 7 figures, I needed to add some members. I went back and forth about whom to include on the team. While browsing the net, I stumbled onto the Bronze Bombers version of Darklon called Crazeblaze. I immediately imagined him in Iron Grenadier colors. I had a WIP sitting around in my fodder pile, so I updated the recipe and everything came together nicely. I did not stick to Crazeblaze’s color scheme, I made some adjustments and added some red to tie Darklon into the team.

Filecard by G1Trekker






Head: AVAC cast
Torso, upper arms: RoC Neo Viper
Lower arm (r): Retaliation Firefly
Lower arm (l): 25th Destro
Legs: PoC Firefly
Gun: Star Wars Clone Trooper



Iron Grenadier Trooper
by Oreobuilder
I planned to make Iron Grenadiers last year for Resurgence 2. However, my recipe hinged on Marauder Task Force parts and when those were delayed, I moved on to other figures. When my MTF order arrived, I played around with the parts and made this latest version. The recipe is not exactly what I had in mind at the beginning. I had to compensate for the larger hips ball joints by filling the sockets with hot glue.

Filecard by G1Trekker







Head, sash, belt, sword: 25th Iron Grenadier
Torso, arms: Retaliation Cobra Commander
Legs: Marauder Task Force



Ferret
by Oreobuilder
Ferret was in the works to include with a vehicle for Resurgence 3. However, plans for the vehicle changed and Ferret ended up having no place to go. Once I decided to make the Iron Grenadiers squad, Ferret found a new home. For the custom, I wanted to have strong ties to the vintage version, so I stayed true to the original colors. For parts, I picked what I could find that best resembles the original’s torso accessory. I am not 100% sold on the barbecue chest, but it does the job for now.

Filecard by G1Trekker






Helmet: AVAC Cast
Torso, arms: 30th Barbecue
Legs: 25th Snow Job


Iron Grenadier Commando
by Oreobuilder
At first, the Iron Grenadiers squad was only to be four Troopers and the Ferret. When we realized that our story worked better with 7 members, I decided to add the Darklon and another member. I went back and forth on whom to include. Should it be a new character or a named character? I finally settled on another troop builder. I based the figure on the Club’s 2005 o-ring Iron Grenadier.

Filecard by G1Trekker








Head: 25th Iron Grenadier
Everything else: 50th Night Viper


Next: Cobra joins the fray…
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice job so far, same to Bucky on the Joes! My hypothetical voice cast for a Resurgence cartoon series is going to balloon when you guys are done. Darklon here's the latest. (I cast Alistair Duncan--check IMDB.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think Mr Duncan is a great choice for Darklon.

      OB

      Delete