Monday, 24 August 2015

GI Joe Resurgence II Trading Cards by DanOfTheDead - Part 1

DanOfTheDead is one of those rare uber-customizers. He does it all. He crafts GI Joe characters, but also Star Wars and characters from a multitude of other universes, including some of his own imagining. He uses several techniques, mediums and tools from advanced painting and sculpting to Lego/building blocks to photoshop. In fact, he designed the catalogs for Resurgence II.

Speaking of which, DanOfTheDead recently surprised the guys at PHX Customs and I with a collection of trading cards in the style of the 90's Marvel trading cards, but set in the Resurgence universe. In his words:

''It was a lot of fun to work on the catalogs for Resurgence, and I was trying to think of a way to show my appreciation to PHX Customs for presenting another great year of this project. I LOVE the old 90's Marvel Universe cards, and have thought about rebuilding that template for a long time ('91 was the year I got into them and remains my favorite design for nostalgia's sake) and Resurgence II seemed like a manageable sized project to put into that format.''
''Personally, I'm really pleased with how these came out and want to show them off a little, but I also want to encourage PHX Customs to keep churning out work this fun and inspirational, as well as encourage everyone else to keep giving feedback in the (JoeCustoms) critiques forum''



You can check out more of his work on his blog: http://dan-of-the-dead.blogspot.ca/
























More on the way tomorrow!

OB

No comments:

Post a Comment