Tuesday, 7 July 2015

GI Joe Resurgence II Day 7: Mail Away Dusty and Roadblock

''Following the disastrous events of Operation Waterfront where several Joes were taken prisoner by Cobra, General Hawk has tasked Chuckles to put together a team to find and rescue his men. Meanwhile, a new group of GI Joe recruits are tasked with finding out what Cobra’s new plan is. Little do they know that both missions will lead them to Gold Springs, a nice little town in the desert…''

Dusty - Mail Away figure









 From the desk of Dusty79:
When Bucky and OB said they wanted to do a mail away set and offered for me to do an urban camo Dusty, I jumped at the chance. Not only was it an oppurtunity to do a modern update on Dusty throwing cues to the original design, but an oppurtunity to make an urban camo version that has not been done very often. I used a Luke Skywalker head to make it more unique and Bucky scanned me the arm patch of of his Sideshow Dusty so I could add that extra touch. I made the action shot backdrop specifically for this project using The Walking Dead guard tower and fence building set.

Parts used:
Torso, Upper Arms, Legs-50th Flint
Helmet, Goggles, Feet-POC Dusty
Lower Arms, Hands-Wave 1 Dollar General Cobra Trooper
Backpack-fodder bin
Webgear-Retaliation Flint (modded)
Head-Star Wars Black Series Awards Ceremony Luke Skywalker
Guns-Marauders


Roadblock - Mail Away figure

Filecard by GITrekker








From the desk of Oreobuilder:
One of the very first figures that I finished for this project, Urban Ops Roadblock was meant to be a partner for my Beachhead that I did for part 1. I matched the urban camouflage pattern to Beachhead’s and, through a fortunate coincidence, it is an almost perfect match to the one on 50th Flint. So, with all these, I have the beginnings of a GI Joe urban ops team. I will certainly be adding more members in the future (Lowlight and Shockwave come to mind).

Head, torso, arms, legs, vest: Ret Roadblock

No comments:

Post a Comment