Wednesday, 22 July 2015

GI Joe Resurgence II Day 22: SWARM Command Mech w. Glitch 2.0

''Cobra Commander has hatched a new fiendish plan to take over the World! He has given Glitch a new mission: build Cobra a new army. Using new alloys developed by Dr Mindbender and Cobra’s Science Division, Glitch has created a suit of armor to control and command his ultimate army - the SWARM!''

SWARM Command Mech w. Glitch 2.0 - Alpha Class vehicle
The SWARM Command Mech has turned Glitch into a one-man army! From inside this massive suit or armor, Glitch controls the SWARM and takes the battle to GI Joe! Equipped with command computer, wrist-mounted mini-gun, radar and jetpack. Includes driver GLITCH 2.0!

Filecard by Charles Cushman (Raptor)














From the desk of Oreobuilder:
Once we settled on the SWARM as the main enemy for Resurgence II, we kicked around a few ideas on who would lead this new faction. After a few false starts, we decided to bring back Glitch. We made him more unhinged and obsessed with his creations. For his second version, Bucky wanted a fresh take, so I volunteered. I kept some of the main design features, but I tried to push the fact that Glitch would have spent some time and effort on miniaturizing his implants and hardware.

Once I had settled on the recipe for Glitch 2.0. I had the idea of giving him a central command hub with which to control his SWARM. I figured that since his actual armor was lighter, he would need more protection when he led his troops on the battlefield. I had a Marvel Captain America Mech that I had no plans for. I guessed that, with a few add-ons and once painted in the right colors, it would look like an upsized version of Glitch.

Head: PoC Cobra Commander
Torso, upper arms, upper legs: Ret Alley Viper
Lower legs: 25th Wraith
Right lower arm: Resolute Destro
Left lower arm: 25th Mindbender 

4 comments:

  1. The lower legs for Glitch are actually from Wraith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'oh! Good catch Thanks man, I've corrected the post.

    OB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Also, the head looks to be more of the POC Cobra Commander.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! The head was actually RoC Cobra Commander during the whole creation phase. I changed it at the very last minute before taking pictures. I forgot to update the write-up accordingly. It's fixed now :)

      OB

      Delete