Friday, 10 July 2015

GI Joe Resurgence II Day 10: Meathead and Desert Viper

''Cobra is back! ''Cobra Commander's plan to capture Duke has failed. GI Joe has rescued their first sergeant and destroyed Cobra's jungle fortress. Beaten, but not destroyed, Cobra has retreated to lick their wounds and plan their next move. To put his new plan into motion, Cobra Commander has recruited new agents and has unleashed them onto the battlefield!''

Meathead - Single carded figure

Filecard by Charles Cushman (Raptor)










 From the desk of Oreobuilder:
Truth be told, I’m not a big fan of the Dreadnoks. I’m not against them per se. I think that having a biker gang to cause chaos is a useful tool for a terrorist organization like Cobra. However, they were never my favorites and, before the 25th anniversary, I never had a Dreadnok in my collection. That said, after Bucky did the fantastic Riff Raff last year, I was inspired to try my hand at making my own. I started from the Chap Mei head and the RoC Heavy Duty torso. That gave me a large character. The rest came together after that.

Head: Chap Mei
Torso, arms: RoC heavy Duty
Legs: 25th Buzzer
Bandolier: PoC Steel Brigade



Cobra Desert Viper - Mail Away figure

Filecard by Thomas Wheeler (G1Trekker)










From the desk of Robert Osborne (Ozzie92), winner of the 2015 JoeCon Franken-Joe contest.

I was asked to provide a custom for Resurgence 2, and let me tell you...the honor was all mine!

The request was for an urban/desert Cobra soldier, with the idea that it would be largely a repaint, offered as a mail away promotion. Hence, my design/parts choices. Starting with the Dollar General blue Cobra Trooper, I decided on my color scheme (urban influenced) and camo pattern (desert influenced from the mid-90s, "chocolate chip"). After that, the focus turned to the accessories. I used a knit cap cast from AVAC'S LAB and attached a pair of 50th Hawk's goggles. I painted his mask gray like the first ME officer, suggesting a modicum of experience, with possible officer ranking. I painted Hawk's tactical vest gray, along with a fodder web belt/pouches. I also painted the gloves, kneepads, and boots gray, as well as a scarf cast from AVAC. I used the holster as a gas mask mount, and attached it with a bit of bandolier fodder painted black. I gave him a flashlight, as well as an assault rifle lightly dry-brushed with steel. The boot knife blade was painted steel, too. I attached another bit of fodder bandolier to the rifle, and wah-lah! Resurgence 2's promotional mail away figure. Thanks for the vine, Joes...hope you enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment