Thursday, 2 July 2015

GI Joe Resurgence Day 2: Kobura Kai

Day 2:

''Cobra is back! ''Cobra Commander's plan to capture Duke has failed. GI Joe has rescued their first sergeant and destroyed Cobra's jungle fortress. Beaten, but not destroyed, Cobra has retreated to lick their wounds and plan their next move. To put his new plan into motion, Cobra Commander has recruited new agents and has unleashed them onto the battlefield!''


Kobura Kai - Single carded figure

Filecard by Thomas Wheeler (G1Trekker)






From the desk of Bucky:
Kobura Kai:
Early in the winter I was trying to think of some specialty type that Cobra didn't have. I couldn't think of much. While browsing my figures, I came across the samurai Destro that Joemichaels70 made for me during a contest a couple of years back. Cobra didn't have a samurai, so I contemplated ripping up the custom and making one. I didn't want too at first, but I could not resist doing it. Between the Budo base and the samurai parts from a marvel figure, it came together quickly. I chose the name as a reference to the 80's karate kid movies.

Parts Used:
Budo Torso and Arms
Snake Eyes Legs
Marvel Universe Mandarin Helmet, and Feet
New Sculpt Destro Head

3 comments:

  1. The MU figure the helmet, shoulder pads, and belt originate from is the Mandarin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good catch! I've updated the post. Thanks!

    OB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!

      I've been having a bit of formatting issues with the Resurgence fancast, and have put it on hold for now. BUT, by the time you all finish up this project, I can then expand it to include a second season's worth of characters.

      Delete