Friday, 17 July 2015

GI Joe Resurgence II Day 17: Doc

Day 17:

''Following the disastrous events of Operation Waterfront where several Joes were taken prisoner by Cobra, General Hawk has tasked Chuckles to put together a team to find and rescue his men. Meanwhile, a new group of GI Joe recruits are tasked with finding out what Cobra’s new plan is. Little do they know that both missions will lead them to Gold Springs, a nice little town in the desert…''


Doc - Mail Away figure

Filecard by Thomas Wheeler (G1Trekker)









From the desk of Dusty79:
In trying to come up with a figure to do for our desert mail away set, I kept coming back to Doc. I had been wanting to do a modern version of this character for a while and he seemed to fit nicely. The hardest part here was making a modern medic helmet. I originally planned to just use glasses, but delays in recieving a casting order pushed me in another direction. I tried a lot of different things before figuring out to cut the faceplate off a Steel Brigade Delta helmet and add the glasses from Renegades Ripcord. I thought it looked like something a modern medic would wear so I went with it. For the rest of him, I tried to take cues off the original and just use more modern parts options.

Parts used:
Torso, Arms, Belt-Retaliation Kwinn (belt modded)
Legs, Hands-Retaliation Ultimate Duke
Satchel-25th Doc
Head-Renegades Ripcord
Gear-30th Lifeline
Helmet-Steel Brigade Delta modded with visor form Renegades Ripcord glasses

1 comment:

  1. So I am a soldier who grew up loving gi joes and i have gotta say this action figure is pretty awesome. I am training to be a medic and i think i would really enjoy having a doc figure like that. Is there any way i can get one thanks. Heres my email if there is more information youd like to share thanks.

    -Hopeful soldier.

    ReplyDelete