Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Snake Eyes


Ninja Force Snake Eyes

Here is a custom that I never thought I would do. I have never really paid much attention to the Ninja Force subset. I have the Dollar General Storm Shadow and T’Gin-Zu figures and I have made a few customs like Slice, Dice and T’Jbang, but I never looked twice at Snake Eyes. Imagine my surprise that one morning, I just threw it together on a lark. It was assembled, painted and finished in a couple of hours. Now that it is done, I’m happy to have it for my Ninja Force set.








Snake Eyes v4:
 

Although the first DG Snake Eyes figure was a pretty good representation of the 1991 figure, I felt that it could be improved with a head swap. Changing the head for a newly painted Retaliation Cobra Trooper head, was an easy way of making the figure closer to the original.



4 comments:

  1. What parts did you use to make your ninja force snake eyes. He is awesome and I would love to try and make one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Welcome to the wonderful world of customizing. Fair warning, it is addictive :)

      Here is the recipe:

      Head: RoC Snake Eyes
      Torso, upper arms: Snake Eyes V54
      Lower arms: Ret Cobra Trooper
      Upper legs, webgear: Ret Firefly
      Lower legs: PoC Jungle Viper

      Delete
    2. Awesome. Thank you for telling me the parts you used. Now I need to find a roc snake eyes head

      Delete
    3. Awesome. Thank you for telling me the parts you used. Now I need to find a roc snake eyes head

      Delete