Thursday, 19 February 2015

Project New Sculpt Day 4: DTC Part 2



Airtight (DTC) - Oreobuilder
Airtight was supposed to be released in the fourth wave of DTC. At the time, I was disappointed that those figures got cancelled. Airtight was one of the ones that I was most looking forward to. The DTC figure did not suffer from most of the problems that plagued the New Sculpt years. He had good proportions, fun accessories and good articulation. For my take, I wanted to replicate the look as closely as possible. When I first assembled him, I thought that it made for a more battle ready version of Airtight.







Barrel Roll (DTC) - Bucky
I remember getting my DTC shipment in and thought that this was such a cool figure. At the same time, I was utterly confused as to what was going on with his elbow construction. The base is obviously an Ultimate Duke, and I went over that with a light black was, then a light brown. I don't do many paint washes, but I liked the looked so much I bought 3 more off of Dusty79 to do other figures lol. The new sculpt webgear fits perfectly over that torso. I really liked this one.






Falcon (DTC) - Oreobuilder
Falcon was supposed to be released in the fourth wave of DTC. At the time, I was disappointed that those figures got cancelled, even if Falcon was not one of my favorites. Since he was mostly re-used tooling from General Abernathy, DTC Falcon did not suffer from most of the problems that plagued the New Sculpt years. He had good proportions, fun accessories and good articulation. For my custom, I went with the unreleased lighter color scheme rather than the greener version that the Club made. Although the color of my custom came out a little browner than I would have liked, I’m still generally happy with the result.

 








No comments:

Post a Comment