Wednesday, 1 October 2014

50th Anniversary Alpine

Alpine has always been one of my favorites. As a kid, I remember making short cross-border days trips with my parents to shop in the US. These trips would not happen often, so when they did, they were a special treat. We would get to shop in stores like Ames, KB Toys and Hills. I would always find cool stuff that had not yet arrived in Canada. Alpine was one of those finds for me in the Summer of '85 (The same trip yielded a Snow Serpent and a Snowcat). I remember loving all the gear he came with, mostly his grappling hook and his mini machine gun. Best of all, he could store all his gear. His backpack was designed to fit everything.

Anyway, a few months ago, a buddy of mine wanted a modern Alpine for his collection. I wanted to keep the vintage look but give it a modern feel. This is what I came up with. Enjoy!

OB





2 comments:

  1. Nice rendition of Alpine! I wish this was on store shelves.

    On another note that's going back a ways, I have a suggestion for headgear for the Alley-Vipers from your Battle Corps month project, one that's a bit more accurate to the originals. The Spy Troops Duke had an Alley-Viper disguise, with a helmet that had a '93-style mask attach to it. Swap out the silver with a black one, and give the helmet to your customs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. That's a great idea about the visor. I had forgotten about that version of Duke. I'll keep an eye open for deals.

    OB

    ReplyDelete