Wednesday, 9 July 2014

GI Joe Resurgence! Day 9 - Landslide


Landslide – Single Card 7.99$ MSRP









From the desk of Bucky:
While having a list of all the different specialties, a mountain trooper was one that hasn't really been explored outside Alpine.  With Landslide, I focused mostly on how to make unique looking webgear, as the base body of the Rock Viper I wanted to leave, I liked the way it looked.  The helmet fit the
Retaliation Duke head perfectly, and I added the little facial hair to set him apart from a regular Duke head.  I didn't have any cool mountain type gear for him, but found a Star Wars grapple hook that I was able to then able to get to attach to the backpack.  It ended up being my favorite accessory piece I made for the entire project.

4 comments:

  1. One of the fun parts of looking at all of these new creations are identifying where some of the bits come from. Trying to think of more positive adjectives to use for your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This was another fully playable custom by Bucky, which came in handy when I was trying to pose Landslide on the side of that rock lol.

    OB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought you'd find a decent use for a Channing Tatum head, but there it is… Did you use another figure's web gear wholesale? Or did you assemble it another way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'll pass that on to Bucky. The web gear base is from a Hydra Soldier. Bucky added the knife holster and the Barbecue shoulder pads to complete the look.

    OB

    ReplyDelete