Monday, 7 July 2014

GI Joe Resurgence! Day 7 - Bulkhead & Pyro-Viper


 More filecards from GITrekker!

Bulkhead – Single Card 7.99$ MSRP








From the desk of Bucky:
Bulkhead was a name I had picked out last summer, and was going to be a navy trooper with a dg shipwreck body. After I had it pieced together, I decided the name didn't fit, and that particular body of work became my non dive suit deep during my lbc week last July.
I brought the name up again for this project, and Bulkhead was one of the first 5 that were started. I went on to try a lot of different combinations until I found a proportionate looking figure that was physically larger than almost all of them out there.  I wanted a "big guy" for the project, and Joe's navy crew doesn't have a big guy yet, so it kind of all worked out. He's a very large figure.


Pyro-Viper – Single Card 7.99$ MSRP







From the desk of Oreobuilder:
Yet another idea that has been rattling around in my brain for years, Pyro-Viper is actually the first character that I thought of for this project, but the last one that I finished. I tried several recipes and color schemes and I don’t think I’m still 100% satisfied with the result. This is one that I will certainly revisit at a later date. That being said, the concept and Trekker’s fantastic filecard have brought the character to life for me, so my next attempt will almost certainly better.

4 comments:

  1. Between the creative work building these guys and the excellent file cards, everything just simply works. Another well done to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erik, I'm really glad you enjoyed this project.

    Bulkhead is made up from Retaliation Roadblock's torso and upper arms. The lower arms and cap are from 50th Lowlight and the legs are PoC Shadow Tracker. The head is from one of the 30th Renegades (I can never remember which one)

    OB

    ReplyDelete