Friday, 25 July 2014

GI Joe Resurgence! Day 25 - Create-a-Cobra & Starduster






Create-A-Cobra – Mail Away Exclusive - Send in 6 Flag Points + 3.99$ S&H
Join Cobra’s legions and help destroy GI Joe! Now, you can create your own Cobra character. Choose your figure’s name, specialty, weapons and gear to create the ultimate Cobra warrior!












From the desk of Oreobuilder:
This figure was a last-minute addition to the project. While we were putting together the final line-up and order of battle, Starduster seemed lonely, so we decided to add a figure. My first thought was a new Steel Brigade, but that has been done quite a bit in the last few years. Bucky suggested the bad guy equivalent – a new Create-A-Cobra, so I threw this guy together.


 
Starduster – Mail Away Exclusive – Send in 6 Flag Points + 3.99$ S&H
In an effort to free Duke from Cobra, General Hawk has ordered Starduster to reconnoiter enemy positions and coordinate artillery strikes from the air.










From the desk of Bucky:
He is represented is pretty far from where I started on him.  As much as I wanted to include him in the project, I kept putting him on the back burner due to the fact I just didn't like the recipe I had come up with, or the jet pack.  Dusty79 supplied me with a retaliation flint, and with that a new version of StarDuster was created, with a backpack I was much happier with.  I tried the Star Wars helmet and found it was a neat look, and the vest, I used black gloss and then added "stars", but I'm not sure if it looks good or not. I may go back and just gloss black the metal down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment