Wednesday, 23 July 2014

GI Joe Resurgence! Day 23 - First Aid and Whisp

These are the last of our single carded figures for this project. Tomorrow, we switch directions a little bit.

First Aid – Single Card 7.99$ MSRP









From the desk of Oreobuilder:
Halfway through this project, Bucky and I realized (practically simultaneously) that were missing a medic for our new team. After seeing some very cool para-rescue trooper customs online, making one for my collection was on my to-do list for awhile. So, the idea for First Aid was born. Since Joe female parts are not in large supply, she is mostly built from Renegades Scarlett, but I added some gear (like the kneepads and harness) to change her up a bit.




Whisp – Single Card 7.99$ MSRP









From the desk of Bucky:
Whisp was a later addition to the project. Through discussion with Oreobuilder, we found we had a ton of Joes and not so much on the Cobra side.  I came up with the idea one weekend, and started making an infiltrator type figure.  Then I noticed how we were quite short on the female side as well, as OB had pointed out once before, and had no Iron Grenadier representation, so I merged the two ideas into one character.  The name, again, came from a very large list of codenames I have laying around.

2 comments:

  1. I've only got the one Renegades Scarlet; I don't want to sacrifice her if I can help it… Doesn't Retaliation Lady Jaye use the same mold? And is the other one a ROC Scarlet? Any pointers on parts to use for either?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think Retaliation LJ is pretty much the same except the head. So, you should be good. For Whisp, the base body and upper arms are from RoC Scarlett. The lower arms and upper legs are from RoC Doctor and the lower legs are from 25th Snake Eyes v3. The head is from a caster I believe.

    OB

    ReplyDelete