Sunday, 20 July 2014

GI Joe Resurgence! Day 20 - Riff Raff


Riff Raff – Deluxe Figure 9.99$ MSRP

Filecard by GITrekker! Packaging mock-up by Sam!





















From the desk of Bucky:
Riff Raff was originally going to be a completely different character named pit stop, a fat Dreadnok with the chubby Asian guys head from mib3.  However, literally a couple days after getting the head, forum member bcost came up with the same idea, and it looked incredible.  I didn't want to pretty much do the same custom he did, so I came up with something different, a Dreadnok that is kind of a homage to all the goofiness of the cartoon, with a record of cold slither, a vial of element from the mass device, and a beat up old discarded mcguffin device amongst the trash.  The dumpster came from a wwe playset from the late 90's that had sat in a fodder box for years.  All the graffiti is Easter eggs for episodes of the cartoon.  I really tried to capture an 80's vibe with him.  As Trekker was sending my filecards back, I was reading them with a smile on my face and would get a good chuckle out of them, but I'm not lying when I tell you I literally laughed out loud when I got Riff raff's bio back.  Trekker nailed it.

2 comments:

  1. On the trash bin, what is "Rouges" in reference to? Or was it supposed to be "Rogues"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it was supposed to be Rogues, but I'll check with Bucky. I'm curious about it now too.

    OB

    ReplyDelete