Friday, 18 July 2014

GI Joe Resurgence! Day 18 - Tango and Tygg


Tango – Deluxe Figure 9.99$ MSRP 











From the desk of Bucky:
Tango was originally named ocelot, and was built off of a Renegades Ripcord.  He was to be the team’s jungle trooper, and he was to have a tiger. His first incarnations and gear fitting was very much a Recondo vibe, which I kind of wanted to get away from. My customizing o.c.d. had started to kick in with this figure, as I was trying to get a unique look and color pallets for him.  This o.c.d. of mine also affects how I build my customs, and if I can't move the shoulder without paint chipping, I'm going to go a different route.  While trying to sand the shoulders down, I destroyed the ripcord with a dremel.
Back to square one, I chose the burnout figure.  I sanded the hair down, and a lot of the rest started to fall into place.  I changed the name to Tango at this point. The camo took awhile to figure out what I wanted and the striping like he has was kind of just a happy accident.

2 comments:

  1. So, this guy's mostly Burnout? What did you use for the other gear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, mostly Burnout. The vest is from PoC Recondo.

    OB

    ReplyDelete