Wednesday, 16 July 2014

GI Joe Resurgence! Day 16 - Iron Master


Iron Master – Single Card 7.99$ MSRP













From the desk of Oreobuilder:
Like it or not, GI Joe is not just military equipment and soldiers. It’s also giant robots, terror –inducing waves, weather-altering machines, Pyramids of Darkness, ghosts, ancient Greeks and, of course, ninja clans. Halfway through this project, Bucky and I realized that we had not included a ninja in our line-up.

To correct this oversight, I immediately started working on a ninja apprentice named Banzai. The challenge was to make him different from the millions of previous ninjas that have been done over the years. Try as I might, all my attempts turned out pretty generic. I ended up turning to an obscure existing character that has never had a figure.  The Iron Master is featured in the Ninja Battles DVD that was released during the Valor vs Venom days.

2 comments:

  1. What parts did you use to make the Iron Master? (What can I say? I like the ninjas, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erik! The torso and upper arms are from one of the 30th Dreadnoks (Not sure which one - Gnaw maybe?). The lower arms are from Retaliation ultimate Storm Shadow. The legs and armor are from Renegades Storm Shadow - the comic pack one.

    OB

    OB

    ReplyDelete