Monday, 14 July 2014

GI Joe Resurgence! Day 14 - Cobra Viper & Sun Devil


Cobra Viper – Single Card 7.99$ MSRP








From the desk of Oreobuilder:
Even when re-inventing the line, some classic elements can be kept as touchstones. The Viper in one the most iconic Cobra troops ever created. I tried to update the look while keeping the classic elements intact:  the short sleeves, the helmet and the tactical vest. At the same time, I wanted to streamline and modernize the look somewhat. Like the fila card says, these Vipers are leaner and meaner. They are not your father’s Viper.


Sun Devil – Single Card 7.99$ MSRP









From the desk of Bucky:
Sun Devil was another of the first 5 I had pieced out.  While trying to find ideas for the SEAL approach (figures covering sea, land and air) I started to focus on climate specialties.  A new desert trooper was on my list, as the joes don't have too many on the roster.  I decided to make him Hispanic, and wanted him to look unique.  The colors and name are a nod to Arizona State University.  I chose to not add more camo to him so he didn't look like Dusty in the end.  Justin from Generalsjoes.com did an awesome job bringing the Character to life.

4 comments:

  1. I'd buy a dozen of these Vipers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's a simple recipe, but I like quite a lot, I'll probably try to make a few more.

    OB

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fantastic desert trooper. I love Sun Devil! Not to sound like a broken record at this point, but I trouble you to ask how you made him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem, the base body is pretty much all Retaliation Mouse. The head is from one of the 30th Renegades (Red Dog I think) with a sculpted scarf. The web gear is modified from Retaliation Firefly.

    OB

    ReplyDelete