''This is the most amount of customs I have ever done at once, in this short of period of time. The project took around 4 months to complete, starting with brainstorming in late September. My basement was a complete and utter disaster for most of the time, though I now have systems in place to keep it better organized.
I literally would have dreams about the project and sometimes couldn't sleep as I kept "kit bashing" in my head while trying to doze off. Some of my better ideas came up while trying to fall asleep. I wrapped up my end the day before a surgery that left me in crutches and a wheelchair for a month.
I’m currently thinking of a way to top this.''
''When Bucky approached me in September with the idea of doing a New Sculpt Event, I took to the idea immediately. It was an idea that I had been kicking around for some time. However, I was not sure about the timing. I was one month into creating my 50th Anniversary Tribute and I was not sure where I would find the time to work on both projects. Fortunately, Bucky understood and we agreed on a February reveal. At the same time, thanks to Pluv and the Joecustoms staff, we decided to integrate our event with Customs Celebration VIII.
Although the last 6 months have been insanely busy customs-wise, I’m really happy with how this project came out. I was afraid that by juggling both Project New Sculpt and the 50th Anniversary Tribute, one or both projects would suffer. However, I found that by doing both simultaneously, I could switch projects when I was losing steam on one. Since the two projects are set in different time periods and contain vastly different styles, looks and colors, it was always refreshing to move back and forth between the two.
More importantly, working with a partner for the first time was a terrific experience. We could bounce ideas of each other, critique each other’s work and motivate the other to keep going. It was so much fun that we have already started brainstorming our next joint project!''
Enjoy these group shots:
And, some work-in-progress pics: