Friday, 21 March 2014

50th Anniversary: Ripcord

I am thinking about a new series of customs that celebrate all the various eras of GI Joe. Slowly, over the course of the year, I plan on rebuilding several characters in the goal of making the best version possible. These characters would be pulled from various eras: ARAH, New Sculpt, 25th, etc. So, in the spirit of Joe’s golden anniversary, let’s continue the year-long celebration with some ARAH tributes.

Most fans agree that the 25th Anniversary version of Ripcord (or Spc Altitude) from the Cobra Island 7-pack had some flaws. From the choice of the head to the helmet and the air hose that did not plug into anything, there was definitely room for improvement.

With this custom, I started from scratch. I used the Retaliation GI Joe Trooper as a base and swapped out the lower legs, added the Retaliation Airborne gear and Renegades Ripcord helmet. It came together pretty well.

Enjoy!

OB





2 comments:

  1. Why do you do this to me? I was perfectly content with my Cobra Island Ripcord, and then you show me this awesome version. I have a feeling you are going to do more of this coming up...

    ReplyDelete