Thursday, 27 February 2014

Project New Sculpt by Bucky and OB Day 11

A reminder that there is still time to take part in Customs Celebration VIII over at Joecustoms:

http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=105



Bucky:
''Towards the last couple of weeks I was making these, OB was just slaying me with the incredible WIPs he was sending me and ideas that he had.  I was starting to lose steam, and I had kind of run out of ideas...and fodder!
 I sat down for a couple of nights and poured through Yojoe.com's archives trying to come up with ideas, and made some notes.  Fodder was getting hard to come by, but by luck, I had a table set up at Assembly Required and was able to make a couple of rounds to the dealer tables and buy some stuff and start on it while I was there.  Blowtorch is a retaliation Duke base with lower legs from retaliation zartan, both purchased from joeczar, Blowtorch and some others were started very sneakily at the Joecustoms booth.  It's a very simple recipe and I love the way it turned out.''











OB:
‘’I made this custom with Python Patrol in mind. I always saw Spytroops Dr Mindbender as that sub-team’s version of the character. The black and red color scheme and the snake skin pattern on the pants certainly evoke the New Sculpt PP colors.’’








OB:
‘’Introduced in the Spytroops line, Red Spot was GI Joe’s third Laser trooper. The original had a cool look, but needed some adjustments for the proportions and the color was a little bland. This was a good opportunity to modernize the figure. The Retaliation GI Joe Trooper mold was a good base. I went back and forth on the helmet. The PoC Beachhead helmet may not be my final choice, but it works for now.’’





2 comments:

  1. Whose head is that underneath Blowtorch's helmet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now, it is just a masked head, but I believe Bucky has a second swappable head if he wanted to display him without his helmet.

    OB

    ReplyDelete