Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Project New Sculpt by Bucky and OB Day 10

Bucky:
''I wanted to do Beach for the project, he had a unique look with the large gloves and rolled up sleeves in that era, which I tried to duplicate here. It ends up being somewhat of an interpretation of the new sculpt version rather than a straight up redo of the new sculpt version.''





Bucky:
''Dusty was a last minute entry to boost the ranks up on my end.  The original recipe I had just didn't pan out, so in the end, he ended up as almost an lbc.  I tried to change him up a little bit by adding the larger goggles, and used the new sculpt gear to tie him in with that era.''





OB:
''Rollbar is another new character introduced during the New Sculpt years. He got a couple of figures during that time and he was always a bit non-descript. As strange as it sounds, that is what attracted me to making this custom. GI Joe has always had a few ''generic'' looking soldiers – Grunt, Doc, Short Fuse, etc. Rollbar fits nicely into that group in my opinion.

The Humvee is barely a custom as I did not make any mods to it structurally or paint-wise. The base vehicle is the PTE Humvee and I added the Joe stickers.''










No comments:

Post a Comment