Thursday, 20 February 2014

Project New Sculpt by Bucky and OB Day 4: DTC

Bucky:
'' I almost didn't include him in the final batch, because even after the modding of the stocking cap, and the modded/sculpted facial hair, he just seemed too plain. OB's picture taking ability really makes him look pretty cool to me though, so I'm happy I sent him along. He came about while I was trying to find oddball characters from the era that not everybody remembers. He ended up being a little too bland for me, I may take another crack at the character in the future.''









OB:
''Grand Slam was a good figure in the DTC line, although the character was never one of my favorites.  I included him in this project because it was a chance to modernize one of the original 13 and I thought he would compliment Sgt BaZap.''










Bucky:
''When I went with the Major Bludd figure as a choice, I spent a good couple hours looking at Major Bludd customs on this site and off of Google.  The reason being is that I wanted to make a Major Bludd that in the end would serve two purposes for me.  One, to fill a slot in this project, as the DTC version is one of my favorite figure interpretations, and two, have a good looking Major Bludd that could stand alongside POC figures and look like he belonged.  The Hasbro releases just weren't all that good to him.  I tried a couple of different things with him, with the ROC Breaker head being kind of unique, and a slightly different idea of his cyborg arm, which here, is just covered in armor.  I made the strap on his arm with some scrap from webgear and a pouch.''









OB:
''I really liked the DTC Range Viper when it came out in 2005. Although it wasn’t really desert or jungle or range colors, the parts used made it one of the better proportioned figures at the time.  To make this custom, I used some of the original parts – the helmet and webgear. I’m hoping to make a couple more in the near future to make a fireteam.''







 

No comments:

Post a Comment