Saturday, 22 February 2014

Project New Sculpt by Bucky and OB Day 6


Bucky:
''I had Grunt ready to go fairly early on as well, and was trying to figure out how I could do the Battle Blitz tank up to make it not so funky looking. That proved impossible, so I started to look around for a substitute. The Avengers mini tank proved to be the best option, as it shares the three wheel design of the Battle Blitz. I'm not a big one for vehicle customs, so this was a risky one for me. I can still see some overspray on the tires, which bugs me. The stickers were added from various leftovers from vehicles over the last couple of years. Grunt's shirt is a dry transfer decal.













Fast Track: this figure was a throw away figure for me, I kind of made him as a joke. I remember a lot of jokes back in the day on the forums about battle luge guy, so I threw him in there for a laugh. I have him a code name of Fast Track, made sure to add his scarf... Just a fun guy to include.''













OB:
''I have always been a fan of Footloose. Growing up, his 1985 figure was one of my favorites. The DTC version is a bit of a mixed bag. On the one hand, the proportions are less than ideal with long legs and a short stubby torso and arms. However, he did include a fantastic modular M16/M209 rifle. This custom gave me the opportunity to improve the original’s failings while keeping the good. I still need to fix the non-matching skin tone issues and I will probably keep an eye out for a better head, but I’m pretty happy with the result.''




No comments:

Post a Comment