Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Battle Corps Month Day 9: Mutt and Junkyard


Mutt and Junkyard were released in both 1992 and 1993 in two different colors schemes. This is the DEF (Drug Elimination Force) version. Before starting to paint this custom, I hesitated on which of the two to make. In the end, my choice settled on the DEF version for a couple of reasons. First, Battle Corps Mutt and DEF Cutter have similar color schemes (orange vest, blue pants, etc) and second,  I wanted to build up my DEF team.

Bad Sociologist posted a similar custom on Hisstank.com about a while back. I actually had a very similar recipe on my desk at the time, but I stole er... borrowed a few good ideas from his version as well, so partial credit to him. Thanks man.

Enjoy!

OB





3 comments:

  1. He really looks great, Oreo! Even the padded material on the wrists and shins is a perfect match to the vintage figure. What's the hat from? A Star Wars Imperial Officer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The hat is from Rise of Cobra Shockwave (the Wal-Mart exclusive two-packs).

    OB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, you're right. The picture make the shape look kind of different.

      Delete