Saturday, 27 July 2013

Battle Corps Month Day 27: Ice Cream Soldier


Perhaps no other figure best represents the perception that most fans have of the Battle Corps era than Ice Cream Soldier: the sculpting is good, the colors are bad. The mold was later re-colored as the Cobra Shock Viper during the rebirth era, proving the strength of the sculpting. However, for the colors, there is no way around it Ice Cream Soldier is orange, very orange and neon yellow, very neon. These are the reasons why I chose to make this figure part of the project. We cannot celebrate the ‘’neon years’’ without Ice Cream Soldier. Just couldn’t do it.

This is a case where access to the original head would change the figure. It would definitely make it closer to the original, but I’m not sure it would improve the custom. I kinda like the Retaliation gas mask for this and it fit my ‘’Battle Corps on a budget’’ philosophy.

Enjoy!

OB




3 comments:

  1. Now THIS I like! Ice Cream Soldier was the very first member of the Joe team I got, way back in 2005.

    Where's the flamethrower from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, just brilliant. Really, really nice work on this figure.

    BTW Mr. Acer, I think the flamethrower is from one of the Clone Wars Clone Troopers. Am I right? Do I get a cookie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Barbecue, you are right about the flamethrower. 1 cookie for you.

    OB

    ReplyDelete