Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Battle Corps Month Day 17: Headhunters


The Evil Headhunters were the enemies for the GI Joe Drug Elimination Force (DEF). The Headhunters were Headman’s enforcers and bodyguards. They mix elements from drug lords and mafia and make an interesting new adversary for GI Joe.

Headhunters have been on my to-do list for while. The Renegades Cobra Commander body is a perfect base for these guys, in my opinion. These are technically the 1992 DEF paint scheme of the character, but I included them in the project because they got a Battle Corps repaint in 1993. I plan on expanding the Headhunter roster eventually. Headman has been on the back burner for a while and Gristle would make a fun project as well. Maybe having these in my collection will motivate me to finish the team.

Enjoy!

OB



4 comments:

  1. You just inspired me to work on one of my own! BUT, it's going to be a modern era version of the '08 Convention Headhunter Guard, since Renegades Cobra Commander has the same blue color (or close to the same). The construction will follow your formula, but with a few exceptions:
    -Head will be the full-faceplace CC painted, with a beret glued on facing forward.
    -Hands will come from an extra DG Shipwreck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir. I always appreciate it when people are inspired by what I do. Your recipe sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing it.

    OB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thes are gorgeous! Seriously, man, Hasbro should hire you just to take over for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I'm game if they are :)

    OB

    ReplyDelete