Thursday, 23 May 2013

Finally! An Update! Dialtone!

Hey guys, I can't believe that it has been almost 6 months since I posted anything. I have been taking a small break from collecting/customizing. Well, not a complete break, but you could call it a slowdown. Between a busy winter and spring at work and life as well as a drought of new Joes at retail, I haven't had the time or inspiration to get my butt into my workshop. I have been working on a few things though. I rediscovered Transformers thanks to the Masterpiece line and Kreons. I have also been doing a commission job for a fellow Joe fan. I'm working on three vehicles for him and they are progressing well. I will post these up as soon as I can. Also, I have been working on some entries for the next Joecustoms.com Group Project - Small Playsets, as well as a few figures here and there. So, all in all, I'm slowly getting back into the flow of things.

I'll be posting some new stuff over the next few days, so keep an eye on this space. Let's start this back up with a new version of Dial-Tone. If you recall, last year, I made a custom 25th DT for a friend's birthday. I had the parts to make a spare for myself. However, I never really liked my custom. With the release of some new awesome figures at retail, specifically the Retaliation 3-pack Firefly, I decided to revisit my custom. So, I present 30th anniversary Dial-Tone.

Enjoy!

OB


Comparison shot of 1986 Dial-Tone, my 25th anniversary custom and my 30th anniversary custom.

1 comment:

  1. Since finding your blog during Battle Corps Month (which was awesome) I have been backtracking to see your other work. I love this Dial Tone custom. Do you ever sell your figures or take commission jobs? If so it's probably pretty expensive, but I thought I would ask anyway.

    ReplyDelete