Saturday, 8 December 2012

Project Retro Part I

Well, it's been over a month since my last post, but I'm still kickin :-) Every year, at this time, real life gets crazy. Between preparing the house for winter, more hours at work, the Christmas toy drive, family and the rapidly approaching holidays, there is litlle time or energy left for customs or hobbies in general. However, I have had a chance to photograph some customs that have been done for a while.

These were part of something I was going to call Project Retro. I wanted to get back to the feeling of ARAH around 1982-1983. The original 13 Joes, simple uniforms, lots of green and blue. One of the things that always surprised me was that Hasbro never repainted some of their first battlestations. The HAL, the Flak, the Howitzer et al were all great pieces in green, but would have also looked great in desert tan or Cobra blue. So, I made my own.

More Project Retro to come!

Enjoy!

OB












No comments:

Post a Comment