Thursday, 4 October 2012

Concept Colors Customs

A few this each year, over at Joecustoms.com, board members vote on Group Projects. These projects allow customizers to work on a common theme in different ways and to really push ourselves to try new techniques and grow and learn as customizers.

These are 3 customs I made for the "Repaint Central" Group Project. The goal was to take production figures and repaint them. No parts swaps or modifications were allowed, just slap some paint on a figure that Hasbeo made and that's it.

I wanted to have a unifying theme to my customs and I've always been intrigued by various concept sketches and early color tests that Hasbro did before settling on final colors for their figures, so I decided to paint modern figures in their early concept colors.

Also, check out the other entries for the Repaint Central GP: http://www.joecustoms.com/projects/projects.php?p=repaint

Enjoy!

OB










No comments:

Post a Comment